Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Conversation with a Young emcee

A 19 year old rapper contacted me through reverbnation.com and asked me to check him out. I think this response was way over due and I never responded this way before but here is what I said (in a loving way of course):


I like what your doing but lets try somthin:

Ok take any one of your songs and check off how many times you make reference to the crazy 8:
1. niggas
2. bitches
3. money
4. drugs
5. guns
6. sex
7. cars
8. tags
No really because I didn’t do that when I first started. And because I didn’t I kept referring to :
niggas
bitches
money
drugs
guns
sex
tags
The reason why is because that is what I was always surrounded by:
niggas
bitches
money
drugs
guns
sex
tags
I had to change the way I thought cause I couldn’t change where is was living (i was a kid at the time). I started to read a lot, got around people who thought like me, not like the way I did in the past and my rhymes, vocabulary, people, and situations I was attracting to me started to change. don’t confuse it
niggas
bitches
money
drugs
guns
sex
tags
Run wild in the game. But you have to decide, do you want to be like them or better than them? You can be very successful without referring to the crazy 8 all the time. (Tho a bitch ass nigga took my money to by drugs and guns instead of taggin me up so he gets no pussy) just kiddin. Be the best representative you can be of the culture not just the rap game. You can reach the world with it, teach the world with it, or defeat your world with it.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jNyr6BJZuI

    ReplyDelete